Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Global Corporate College is looking for two Business Development Directors to join our team. The successful candidate has a minimum of 10 years of proven sales management success in HR, OD, training or a similar line of business. The Business Development Director is an experienced selling manager who consistently exceeds sales targets by developing a profitable portfolio of clients, both through personal selling efforts and through the accomplishments of their Account Executive team.
The Business Development Director initiates new business with targeted complex accounts and supports the business development process for complex opportunities generated by their Account Executives. As needed, the Business Development Director works closely with the Solutions Architect Group to develop highly customized training and performance improvement programs. The Business Development Director may participate in the formal Needs Assessment process and contribute to the design of the best solution.
The Business Development Director manages cross functional resources to develop close strategies, lead the proposal development process, make persuasive presentations, manage negotiations and close business. The position reports to the Executive Vice President. 70 percent travel required.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in Sales Management in HR, OD, training or a similar line of business
- A successful track record of personal sales performance in large corporate environments
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of lead generation, prospecting, and closing
- Excellent listening, writing and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships at all levels in an organization
- Ability to think strategically when viewing client challenges and objectives
- Ability to hire and develop a successful sales team
- Outstanding analytic skills
- Intellectually curious
- Determined and self-motivated
- Able to work as part of a leadership team
- Minimum BA/BS in business or related field, Master degree preferred
Compensation and Benefits: Salary plus commission commensurate to experience. Medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription plan; paid vacation, paid holidays, sick days; 401(k); laptop and cell phone provided. Home based office.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: SalesJobs@globalcorporatecollege.com